We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website.
Accept All Cookies
Find out more
Cookie Portal
Manage and find out more about the cookies used on this website.
View Cookie Settings
Read Cookie Policy

Accept All Cookies and Close
Close Without Saving
< Back
This website has 3 types of cookies:
Your preferences will not take affect until the next page loads or this page is reloaded.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Feature Cookies
Performance Cookies
Save and Close
< Back
< Back
Cookie Policy
< Back

CE Markings


CE marking indicates that a product conforms to legal requirements in specific European technical standards known as harmonised European Norms (‘hEN’).
It enables a product to be placed legally on the market in any European member state. However, regulatory requirements may differ from country to country. Note, this will mean Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in the future as the developed administration have responsibility for Building Regulations in their countries
The CE Marking symbol is placed on the product and can be added to the packaging and/or documents accompanying the product. The guide is intended for manufacturers who make external windows and doors but excludes fire and smoke control windows and doors, although much of the guidance will apply in the latter. The manufacturer is the company that brings together the frame and the glazing, i.e. a company that buys frames from one source and IGU’s from another is deemed to be the manufacturer under the CPR.
What do you need to do to comply with CE Marking requirements?
1. Define your product ranges, e.g. casement, tilt/turn, vertical sliders, reversibles, single and double residential doors, bi-fold, patio, composite doors and doors with panels.
2. The required characteristics for the UK are strength of any fitted safety device, the presence of any dangerous substances and the thermal performance (U Value). *Enclosed are specific DOP results for each of the ten selected products.
3. Compliance with these characteristics is demonstrated using self certification.
4. A Notified Body (NB) is responsible for the Initial Type Testing (ITT) and you are responsible for factory production control.
5. ITT test reports will normally be cascaded down from your PVC-u system supplier. If not, then you will need test reports from a Notified Test Laboratory.
6. Set up Factory Production Control (FPC) - documents/procedures defining operation of the business. Please use link for access to the CE Marking Guide from BPF.
7. Produce a Declaration of Performance.
For further information from the BPF (British Plastic Federation) please go to: